« Home | I've been robbed! » | Break up to make up » | 2008 is going to be very interesting... » | I didn't want it to end this way... » | I'm losing it » | Rude handicap people » | It's been a long time... » | This made me laugh » | Recipe for an Orgasm » | Thinkin' about my ex » 

Monday, November 20, 2006 

It's been a long time...


...but the other day i cried. that might sound strange to most, but you have to understand something about me. i don’t cry. at least not as often as other people might. not during sad movies, funerals, goodbyes, break ups, tragedies, nada! that's not to say that i've never cried. i think the last time might have been about four years ago (if you don't include the times when i get teary-eyed chopping onions). part of me doesn't see the point in crying. it seems like waste of time. like instead of crying, you could be working on whatever it is that's bothering you. and i'm never that moved emotionally to cry when something tragic happens, such as 9/11. but the other day, i don't know what came over me, cause i was getting out of the shower and it just happened. not many tears came down, but i'm pretty sure i was crying. i sat in the tub wrapped in my towel for about 20 minutes. i was completely shocked by this. i guess i was making up for lost time cause i couldn’t stop. it was a bit scary for me, but i actually felt a little better afterwards. it’s definitely not something i'd like to happen again. and i'm happy it happened in the privacy of my home and not in the middle of macy's. i think it was built up frustration and anxiety with all that isn't right with my life right now. i've never been in this situation. i've always had a well thought out plan of where i was headed and what i needed to do to get there. then things just kinda got off track. now i don't know what my future holds or what exactly i want to do. and that isn't good. i feel like i should know at this stage of my life. i'm not getting any younger. i've had plenty of time to think it over and i still haven't had that "eureka" moment. this quarter life crisis isn't supposed to go on that long. i need to work and eventually end up in a mid-life crisis like most real adults. how can i possibly do that if i can't get out of this phase first. why is life so fucking hard for me to figure out? everyone else seems to have.

sweetie, don't trip, tie your shoe and keep it moving...do not compare yourself to anyone else...all of those other people who seem to have it going on...rest assured..if everythings on track career-wise, you best believe, in the love dept. they are struggling, or say they are well-financially..."what about your friends?" (TLC) bottom-line, you can have it all, just not at the same time...again, don't trip, tie your shoe and keep it moving! To quote the marvelous Maya Angelou
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." and..."Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
be well...your stan,

I've never been to your site, but as I read your views on crying, and why you haven't in a while, I was shocked that someone else felt that way about it as well. Just take it one day at a time, and do you.

i'm currently stuck in a quater life crisis too. I turned 25 and freaked out. It seemed like everything was wrong - work, friends, boyfriend everything!!! And the best thing I could've done was take a trip. I went back to Miami where I went to college and had a really good, but more importantly the time away from all the things that were stress me out allowed me figure things out. Long story short I cut off the dead weight friends(and boyfriend) and started the process to getting my own business and I'm 85% there. So crying it out, take a deep breath, and you'll figure it out.

S.K.

Dareal,

I've been lurking on your blog since you started it and I must say I likes:)

As a 27 year old still trying to figure things out I feel ya on this post. I hate having that helpless-what am I supposed to be doing with my life-feeling.

According to my mamma, things always have a way of working themselves out!

A good cry never hurt anyone...that is a way of purging your soul of impurities. And also, you're wrong about others having figured out what life is about. Most of us are wandering around aimlessly in life, some of us just hide it better than others. The majority of folks spend most of their lives trying to find their way, trying to fit in somewhere....and as soon as you think you've got it all figured out, something knocks your ass back into reality. Don't worry about trying to figure it out, chalk it up to "it is what it is"and be the best "you" that you can be. *Smooches* and (((hugs)))...show me that pretty smile....see, that's much better! Luv ya!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sometimes it just feels better to get if off your mind, chest, and out of your soul. I feel you, Dareal. I'm not a big crier either... but every now-and-then I just have to blackout. It happens to the best and strongest of us.

:)

Post a Comment

Stuck in a Quarter Life Crisis is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health