« Home | This made me laugh :o) » | Are we scaring off black men? » | 4 gals who could get it » | A few things that scare me » | Fallen Hero » | Weekend from hell » | I finally did it... » 

Thursday, September 07, 2006 

Time for a change


well, the time has finally come. the time when i sit back and evaluate my life and try to figure out how to right all the wrongs. right now i am faced with the decision on whether to go back to school. i have given the working life my best shot and cant bare to do it any longer. i need a break from the real world. this shit is kicking my spoiled ass up and down every peachtree st in atl. while i'm not completely sure what kind of graduate school is right for me, i know i'm ready to get back into school. for some time now i've been leaning towards law school. while practicing law isn't my at the top of my list, i do like the opportunities that having a j.d. brings. now some of you may say (as if anyone reads this blog) "but da_real, why spend 3 years getting your ass kicked at [insert cheapest, lowest ranking law school] for 3 years if you have no intentions on challenging ms. novak in a court of law?" and you'd have a valid point. but i'd have to disagree and say that with a jd i wouldn't necessarily have to defend criminals and prosecute the innocent if i didn't want to. i don't have to want to be the next perry mason. there's a wide array of choices i'd have with the degree. i plan on sitting in on some classes. possibly at ga state and/or emory. i've spoken with current law students and recent graduates about everything from what courses you take to summer internships to what the transition from law school is like. That's definitely helped clear things up for me. the kicker for me is not knowing exactly what i'd put in my personal statement to make anyone on the admissions board give me the stamp of approval. my focus right now would be scoring as high as possible on the lsat. i'm thinking a decent score and my melanin might at least get me in the "maybe" pile. well that is, if folks are still recognizing affirmative action by the time i submit my application. i have no intentions on applying to any of the ivy league schools. my fierce competitive nature doesn't extend beyond sports-related office pools (ncaa bball brackets and nfl games). i might consider some of the ivy-wannabes out west and down south. right now cost is probably going to be my determining factor. i'd also like to avoid cold weather regions as well. that eliminates every state but florida where it's summer all year long. ok i'm done talking about the future. its time to focus on whats important right now. the game.

Alex2.0,
don't talk about it, be about it. the one thing that is for sure in three years is that you will be three years older.

get that jd and then fix my dinner! biatch!

@billy...i seriously did LOL when i read that. hahahahahaha!!!

unfortunately for the future mr. dareal_aka_alex2.0....i cant cook!

Damn Dareal. You betta get watching the Food Network cause he don't sound like he is playing. Girl go for it. Shoot I'm in school. It's hard but worth it.

come on up to boston, 2.0!! LOL. Seriously, law school isn't a bad look at all. i'd be more worried about passing the bar. whatever, you decide, good luck!

Post a Comment

Stuck in a Quarter Life Crisis is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health