« Home | I'm still here...but not for long » | I need to come back like Rocky...or become a bum » | Tomorrow is judgment day! » | It's been a long time... » | I've been robbed! » | Break up to make up » | 2008 is going to be very interesting... » | I didn't want it to end this way... » | I'm losing it » | Rude handicap people » 

Thursday, January 04, 2007 

Hello 2007!

i'm not that excited about the new year. i get down and out around this time. i usually am left wondering what in the hell i did the past year? 2006 wasn't that productive. a little, but not much. i managed to figure out what i don't want to do. but i'm still unable to accept the fact that i need to stop forcing myself to do those things anyway. as some of you can recall, i made the decision to apply to law school. the truth is that i never wanted to go. i would like the opportunities a law degree would afford me, but i just don't have the true desire to attend law school. three years is a long time to devote to something that my heart isn't into. but i am still at a point where i feel like i need to pick something and get started because i am now in my mid-twenties. after talking to a few people, i realize i am not alone in this quarter life crisis. in fact i am not the only one going through it. i also realized after speaking with my grandfather over the christmas holidays that i should not let people (like him) make me think i need to be in a rush to figure it all out in one day. he had the nerve to tell me i need to just pick something and go with it, regardless of if i want to do it. he even said i should still apply to law school because it's only 3 years versus the length of some other plans i have in mind. i had to change the subject quick. i finally have a heart to heart with this man and he makes me feel like a loser. i still love him though. but i will never have any discussion with him outside of politics and his health. you know what else sucks about the start of this year? all of my friends are in relationships except for me...every last one. damn! can alex2.0 get some love? well, that's about all i have to say right now. hope any and every one who stops by is enjoying a wonderful new year. i know mine started off with loads of food, fun, and liquor...and drunk texting. ha!

I just want to say that there is no reason for you to be upset. I just finished law school in December and while I want to be a lawyer I don't want to do it right this moment. I want to go to school and get a degree in education but since I owe the govt. I need to go ahead and start working in the read world. So with that being said don't go to law school unless you want it desperately and since you have said you don't want it then I say don't do it at all.

law school = POISON! HA!

i went straight from undergrad cause it seemed like the next step. man oh man. think long and hard. don't go in uninformed. as chanelle said educational debt is no joke! then you're really stuck working in something you may not like. for a loooooooong while. good luck!

Post a Comment

Stuck in a Quarter Life Crisis is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health